Monday, February 1, 2010

Man in the Mirror

I have not decided if the mirrors in my house are a blessing or a curse in my attempt to lose weight. It goes both ways actually. If I am feeling like I have been productive during the day and I catch a glimpse of myself in the hallway mirror at just the right angle, it might help me stay focused for the rest of the day. On the other hand, almost every time I get out of the shower, I startle myself. I’ve debated stopping taking showers all together to avoid the naked man in the mirror, but my wife said she would divorce me if I did. So, I’ve added extra towels to wrap myself after I get out. Sounds ridiculous, but its true.

It must be mental, because I should be using the naked man in the mirror as motivation to lose more weight, but most of the time it seems to go against me. Whenever I feel as if I have made significant progress I always find a way to beat myself up. That’s probably why diets have never worked for me in the past. I last for a week or two and then the junk food and guilt get the best of me and I go back to my old habits.

It’s been even more difficult since having kids. The past five years have been wonderful crazy! I love my kids with everything that I am, but the craziness that come with raising three kids has allowed me to be lazy and make excuses to not work out or watch what I eat. The funny thing is, I feed my kids good healthy food. They love veggies and fruit, but I never follow in line and eat the same stuff. I should be leading by example.

What I really need to do is clean out my pantry. There are still plenty of processed foods in there just waiting to sabotage my efforts. If it’s out of sight, it will be out of mind. Right?

I’m just rambling. Any suggestions?

[Via http://fattymcflabby.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment